Improving Physician/Staff Communication
Posted Friday, December 28, 2018
Did You Know? According to a recent survey, Specialists fall behind in their appointment schedule 25% of the time during the day
Communication is Key
Improving Physician/Staff Communication Leads to a Better Workflow, Happier Employees and More Satisfied Patients
01 | Why Good Communication is So Important
Communication is one of the most important tools in any relationship – personal or professional. In the medical office, clear communication between staff and physicians is vital for ensuring the quality of care for patients.
02 | Six Steps to Improve Communication
Note the following six steps to improve physician/staff communication in your office:
- Conduct training programs on active listening and responsible communications.
- Encourage opportunities for staff to interact, both formal and informal. This may include luncheons and networking events.
- Encourage “team huddles.” A team environment reduces the potential for intimidation, mutual respect grows through collaboration and communication lines are improved.
- Share the vision! When physicians and staff all understand the same organizational vision, they feel engaged and are all aligned to commit to the success of the practice.
- Do your staff and physicians know each other? Introduce new team members to each staff member and to each physician. This is a great step in breaking down barriers.
- Host an annual dinner for your staff. This is a significant step in creating an environment conducive to improved, honest and respectful communication.
03 | Committed to Your Success
CuraScript SD can help you find practice management solutions to successfully operate your business. Our dedicated account managers work closely with physicians to select the services and products that best meet their needs.
For More Information
For more information about our products, practice solutions or to request a quote, click here.