Controlled Substance Ordering System (CSOS)
Posted Tuesday, May 4, 2021
CuraScript SD has integrated with the DEA’s Controlled Substance Ordering System (CSOS), which allows for a secure electronic transmission of Schedule II controlled substance orders.
CSOS Online by CuraScript SD
Utilizing the DEA’s Controlled Substance Ordering System software integration, CuraScript SD offers the availability of electronic 222 Schedule II narcotics ordering on www.curascriptsd.com. We understand how an unexpected delay receiving pharmaceutical products can impact your practice’s ability to administer patient care. CuraScript SD’s CSOS Online supports overall practice efficiency, profitability and the following benefits:
- Ordering Flexibility: CSOS transactions are the only option for electronic ordering of Schedule I and II controlled substances.
- Quicker Transactions: CSOS certificates contain the same identification information as DEA Form 222, which allows for timely and accurate validation.
- No Item Line Restrictions: Integrated Ordering means you can combine your purchasing tasks into a single transaction.
- Decreased Cost: Order accuracy and decreased paperwork result in a lower transaction cost.
CuraScript SD’s CSOS Online Process
- Apply for a DEA License: Purchaser enrolls with the DEA (typically a 4-6 week process). After approval, the Purchaser is issued their CSOS Certificate, which eliminates the paper 222 form.
- CuraScript SD Onboarding: CuraScript SD CSOS Online Administrator will be available to review the onboarding process.
- Submit e222 Order: The Purchaser places an electronic 222 order with CuraScript SD and digitally signs the order using their CSOS online certificate.
- Validation Process: After the order is digitally signed and submitted, CuraScript SD does a CSOS Online Certificate validation with the DEA.
- Fulfillment: CuraScript SD ships the order to the Purchaser. The transactions of controlled substances are reported to the DEA by CuraScript SD. Multiple warehouses support CSOS orders across the country.
- Reporting: The transactions of Controlled Substances are reported to the DEA by CuraScript SD.
For more information about CSDS Online by CuraScript SD, click here.